Terms and Conditions
Thank you for joining the gumboot family – before you press buy now, a little house keeping to make sure we are on the same page.
By accessing and using this service, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of this agreement. In addition, when using these particular services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. Any participation in this service will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the above, please do not use this service.
In these terms of sale, “we” means Gumboot Coffee Limited (and “us” and “our” will be construed accordingly); and “you” means our customer or potential customer for products (and “your” will be construed accordingly).
- Create an account for any online purchases. Please keep your account details safe at all times.
- You need to make sure your account information is accurate and kept up to date, so that we bill and ship to the right place.
- Choose what coffee you want, and what size, then proceed to payment.
- The coffee is then processed and shipped to your indicated address. Physical address only, no PO boxes.
- We reserve the right at any time to decline the order, we will let you know why and seek to find the best alternate solution for you if this very rare circumstance occurs.
- We will refund all monies received in relation to a cancelled order.
- We will not file a copy of these terms of sale specifically in relation to your order.
- All orders will be processed Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm.
- Shipment of all items from this website will also be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant delivery company used.
- Ownership and legal and equitable title to the goods will pass to the customer upon receipt of payment in full by Gumboot Coffee Limited
- Risk of any loss, damage or deterioration of or to any goods purchased from this website passes to the delivery company once the order has been picked up and then to the customer once the order is received.
- Create an account with Gumboot
- Choose which coffee you want, how much and how often
- We’ll send you a notification before we ship each delivery and then take the payment
- To cancel your subscription, simply log into your account and choose ‘cancel subscription’.
- Once we have processed cancellation, no money will be taken from your account (please allow up to 7 days).
- We can cancel your subscription or change the pricing at any time.
- We will notify you and give you an option to cancel your subscription if we increase our prices.
- If we cancel your subscription, we won’t charge you again after cancellation.
Price and payment
- Prices for products are quoted on our website INCLUSIVE of GST.
- The website contains a number of products and it is always possible that some of the prices on the website may be incorrect.
- We will verify prices as part of our sale procedures so that a product’s correct price will be stated on your invoice for your order.
- Credit Card / Debit Card payments will go through a secure online payment portal – Stripe.
- Shipping is free in New Zealand, including rural addresses.
- We will arrange for the products to be delivered to the address for delivery indicated in your order.
- You will receive a tracking number via EIZ & Fastway Couriers when you place your order.
- We aim to have your order delivered within 1-5 days (non rural) and 3-7 days (rural).
- If your order has not arrived within the above expected time frame, please let us know.
Our Guarantee – Refund policy
- We aim to deliver you a quality bag of coffee every time.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your items contact us in writing within 5 days of receiving your order and explain the problem.
- We generally do not offer a refund for simply not liking the taste, or if you change your mind.
- If there’s a quality issue, we ask you to send us an email with batch number (stamped on each bag) and explain the problem. Make sure you save the bag of coffee so we can try ourselves.
Consumer Guarantees Act/Warranty
- If you purchase the goods, or have indicated that the purchase of the goods is, for the purposes of a business, the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (Act) will not apply. If you are acquiring the goods for purposes other than for business, nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Sale limits, in any way, the terms of the Act.
- Goods supplied will be subject to the terms and conditions of the warranties and the guarantees provided by their respective manufacturer’s warranty; and to the extent allowed by applicable law, all conditions, descriptions, representations, warranties and guarantees, whether express or implied, by statute, trade or otherwise, in relation to the goods is expressly excluded.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
- We always do our best to keep everything running as smoothly as we can but occasionally mistakes do happen.
- We promise to fix what we can, but (except for mandatory legal requirements that cannot be excluded) we don’t have any liability for errors, bugs or outages.
- Subject to the above clause, the liability of the Company for the loss or damage or injury arising directly or indirectly from any defect of the goods supplied through this website is limited to replacement or repair of the goods, or to damages not exceeding the price of such defective goods at the option of Gumboot Coffee Limited.
- We shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury caused by improper or incorrect operation or use of the goods supplied. We shall not be liable for any consequential indirect or special damage or loss of any kind whatsoever.
- The customer shall indemnify us, our employees, officers, agents and contractors from and against any loss, costs, claims, damages, expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a solicitor/client basis), liabilities, proceedings or demands, whether direct or indirect, incurred or suffered by any of them as a result of your improper or incorrect use or care of the goods.
Information and Privacy Act
For the purposes of facilitating the efficient running of our business, you authorise us:
- to collect all information we may require from any third parties and authorise those third parties to release that information to us;
- to hold all information given by you or any third parties to us;
- and to use that information, including giving information to any other person to facilitate collection of debts from you.
- The information will be collected, held and used on the condition that:
- it will be held securely on Gumboot coffee Limited’s systems;
- it will be accessible to any of Gumboot Coffee Limited’s employees who need access to it for the efficient running of the business;
- the customer may request access to and correction of it at any time.
- We may adjust and update our terms and conditions at any time.
- Please read the terms and conditions every time you place an order.
- If you have an ongoing subscription with us, an email will be sent out when any changes to the terms and conditions happen.
- Any goods supplied or sold by us, are governed by these Terms of Sale in accordance with New Zealand law.